IRS Issues Draft Instructions for Reporting of Qualified Disaster Distributions
The IRS has provided draft Instructions for Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments. Form 8915-F is to be used to report
- Qualified 2021 and later disaster distributions,
- Qualified 2020 disaster distributions made in 2021 or 2022,
- Repayments of qualified 2020 and later disaster distributions,
- Income in 2021 and later years from qualified 2020 and later disaster distributions, and
- Qualified distributions received in 2021 and later years.
In the past, the nomenclature for Form 8915 has changed each reporting year with a subsequent letter of the alphabet. The IRS indicates in these instructions that Form 8915-F will be a “forever” form and will not be redesignated each year.